Sunday, June 5, 2016

why as christ-followers we can never just "be"

I love this quote because it reminds me that we can love Him and His people in  every way.
I have thought of nearly 50 blog posts and yet have only written this one today. Oh, how I miss blogging. It is like an open journal. It is a beautiful thing and maybe I will pick it up again, I don't know. This blog won't have a schedule, because life doesn't have a schedule so neither will my blog. Anyhow, today I just wanted to share some raw honest thoughts.

I can't count how many times I haven't wanted to "love" or how many times I have just wanted to "be" and not set an example of Jesus's love. But, I have to come to realize that as Christ-followers we get no break. No off button. Because we should never stop loving.


I fail at this. Every. Single. Day.

I seriously wish I didn't fail at this. But, just today plans changed and I no longer became excited about the plans, but rather dreading having to follow through on these plans a few minutes later the Holy Spirit reminded me that I need to look at this as an opportunity to minster to others. Every minute of my life is an opportunity to minister to others. Seriously, I can't think of one situation where you couldn't show the love of Jesus. Even though SO many times I have wanted to just "be" and not have to love constantly, we are called to be outsiders. We are His people, in the world but not of the world. We are called to love unconditionally. To live a radical kind of way because of His love.

I know there is no scripture in this post, but honestly do I need scripture to back up the fact that loving people unconditionally is one of our sole purposes as Christ-followers? I dare you to go and read a story in the Bible about Jesus and I bet my life on it that there isn't one situation where Jesus didn't show any love, because there isn't. He is love.

I write this blog post, not as condemnation but as accountability for myself and the community of other Christ-followers out there.


xo,
Moriah

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand the dread leading up to events-- it's something I've been feeling lately, as well. I'm actually at a statewide church youth conference and while being able to get out of the is great, I'm dreading talking to people (sometimes, I really dislike my reserved nature, but it's something I can't help). But there has to be a reason He put me here, alongside being able to know Him more. Glad to see you'll be picking up blogging again, even if it is infrequent!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete