Thursday, September 17, 2015

finding balance in the chaos.

Balance is one of the hardest things I have had to learn. With a full time business, full time student at college, and life in general. It is exhausting. But, in no doubt it is one of the most rewarding things I have done. I have come up with a few things that have made my life easier.

1 // passion planner
Best thing I have ever bought. I plan my day out by the minute and create breaks between work and school. Go buy one here. 

this is my week. it is one beautiful mess.

2// get out of town
Not necessarily leaving your home for a weekend getaway (which would be nice), but I often have to force myself to get outside, or go do things with other people, because I am inside 24/7 and consumed with work and school. Work and school can wait. I need to spend time outside of my books and sewing machine in order for me to stay sane. Ha.

3 // make time for Jesus
Every morning I spend about ten minutes with God and just being in his presence. It has changed my life. Throughout the day I listen to my favorite worship songs and this keeps me focused as well.

4 // take a break
On Tuesday afternoon I don't work and Sundays I don't either. I try not to sew or even think about it. This is my time to refresh and renew.

painting on a Sunday afternoon.


5 // be in the moment
I always tell myself that at any moment I would stop working or studying if anyone needed to talk or just wanted to hang out. This has become true in my life and I love it. I have a long list of "to do's" but you know what is more important, being in the moment and soaking up the family/friend time while I can.

Balance is something I strive for everyday. I love my job, like it is a dream job. But I don't need to get caught up in overworking myself just to make the money or feel success. My success comes from Christ and loving him and others around me everyday. If I don't love, nothing else matter. Nothing.
Corinthians 13:2 says, "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing". 

Thanks for reading, xo.
Moriah

No comments:

Post a Comment