Tuesday, March 3, 2015

giving up my future for Him...

    The last post I wrote was about being a true Christ-follower and today I would like to write about how giving up my future is totally worth everything.

    I am your typically young lady. I have plans to get married, go to college, have kids, etc. But I feel there is so much more. It has really shaken me these past few weeks and months. Up until a few days ago I thought my "American Dream" plan was fine, everyone does it, so it must be okay. My plan was to go to college, get married, and have kids, etc. While there is nothing wrong with this and this is God's plan for some people, it might not be for others. Maybe, I need to stop planing my luxury dream life for myself and remember who is in control. I have way to many luxury's to count (I am working on getting rid of them, that is a whole other post, maybe tomorrow). I never really thought that it might be a good idea to let God plan my future (I mean he did create the universe).

    I need to stop focusing on what is best for me and my future, but focus on serving people now and today in this moment. I want God to be in control of my future. His plan could be way different from mine. If his plan is to give up everything I have and go do missions overseas for a year or even forever, that is amazing! But, maybe it could just be to stay in my local area and focus on young people who need to hear God's work. Or even go to college and lead me in a whole different direction, these are all great.


    See, the thing is I don't know what is in front of me. I don't even know if I will make it till tomorrow morning. So why worry about the future when today has enough troubles. Matthew 6:24 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."

    The sole purpose of my life needs to be to worship, honor, love, and serve him and I am praying and will continue to pray intently for him to reveal his plan to me. I don't know what is ahead but God has a purpose and whether or not I think it is best doesn't matter. It is his plan, I fail everyday at this and am far from perfect, but I live to glorify him and need to put all my faith in him.

Thanks for reading. xo.

2 comments:

  1. I wish He would reveal his plan for me... I honestly feel as if I falter in my steps and fail to jump onto new opportunities whenever they are coming near me, and I get so discouraged at times. But I must not be discouraged.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, someone once told me that is part of faith. You don't always know his plan because it is much bigger than we could every comprehend. I feel the same way sometimes but I need to put my trust in him whole heartily. If you feel that there is a new opportunity for you that is glorifying God and you feel God is telling you to go for it, then do it! Take a leap of faith to glorify Him. xo

      Delete