Wednesday, February 4, 2015

book reviews



Recently I completed two books, (first, lets just take a moment to realize I actually read something), Crazy Love by Francis Chan and Live Large Be Different. Shine Bright. by Dough Fields and Joshua Griffin. Let me tell you Crazy Love was one of the best books I have read. If you have not read it, it is a must. It really puts a new meaning to being a true Christ Follower. The book challenges you to step out there and do things, and well if you are not willing to do it then maybe you should take a look at your faith again. I personally love Francis Chan, he is so good with his words and getting to what scripture really means. One huge thing I picked up in the book was to stop waiting for God's calling and obey the scriptures (ex. adopting a child or even as simply as stepping out of your comfort zone at work). This book is a life-changer. I highly recommend it. 

The other book I read,  Live Large Be Different. Shine Bright. was aimed more toward teenagers but honestly it could apply to anyone. The book covers 12 different topics for healthy relationships, from integrity to getting out of "cliques". This book is not very intense at all, compared to Crazy Love. It is a good calming read and has questions to go along with it as well.

But if it came down to it, Crazy Love is probably (scratch that, it IS) my favorite book of all time.

Crazy Love - get here
Live Large..... - get here 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! Been looking for some new reads. Currently reading 'The Beginning Of Everything' :-)
    Love Sjoukje - www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just placed these books onto my TBR pile! These sound very interesting, especially the second one!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Would love to know how they turn out!

      Delete