Thursday, September 18, 2014

money...

    I went on many fun shopping adventures this evening and it got me thinking about my money choices I have made in the last month. I keep track of all the money I get, where it goes, and how I spend it. I have realized that I spend money on little things here and there and it adds up. I thought I spent my money wisely and I still think I do. Here is what I used to do when it comes to earning money. Each amount of money I get I split it up four ways (tithes, short term, long term, spending). Often, 10% goes to tithes, 20% to short term, 20% to long term, and 50% to spending. That can add up to a lot of money, which can be good or bad. For example in the last month (keep in mind it was also my birthday) but I spend a good chunk of money on me. A lot more than I thought I even had! I am so glad I kept track of my purchases to show me what I need to stop spending on and me is one of them. I get rid of things so fast I don't need as much stuff. So, I have come up with a new solution. I want to try and buy more quality things that will last longer than quantity. So when it comes to getting money I will know be giving 10% goes to tithes, 10% to short term, 30% to long term, and 20% to spending 30% to goals for spending (ex. a nice pair of shoes). I need some blow money everybody does, but I think I was giving myself too much. I am going to be trying to save more rather than impulse spending.

target love
    Anyway, I think when it comes to spending and money in general I think it is up to every person and what there needs are but spending it all is not the way to go. Ha. I felt like I needed to share this with a few of you so I hoped you enjoyed. xo.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I feel you girl. I recently found this website that has been draining my bank account, I've put in FIVE orders on it in the past month and omg I added it up today and I'm quite unimpressed with myself. I'll be trying to do this with you!
    emiliashea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow! I feel ya girl I bought a new blog template and never used it. Ugh. I am so happy you are doing this with me as well! xoxo

      Delete