Friday, September 5, 2014

hair & skin products



    I have been reading this blog and I am so intrigued by all of her natural bathroom products. A few of them listed I have tried but I really want to convert to more natural products soon. I thought it would be nice to share with you a few of the things I use and what I hope to start using. 

Everyday Body/Face/Hair:

This is an overall view of the products I use on a day to day basis. I go into detail below.




Everyday:

    Below is what I use every morning to "get ready". These are a few of my favorite products. Have you every heard of homemade deodorant, I know you probably think it is weird but it seems interesting. I really want to try her recipe.  I just need to pick up a thing or two. When it comes to perfume, anyone have an alternative option (essential oils)? I use this one from Burt's Bees but I am trying to see if there is a better option. Last thing mascara, is about the only make up I wear. I am still in search for  a little more clean option, but for now this will do.  By the way I love not wearing any makeup.


Body:

    I love using coconut oil as a moisturizer. I don't have anything bad to say about it. Everynight after my shower I use this to moisturize my face, as well as Burt's Bees hydrating lip balm. Coconut oil has so many uses from a replacement for butter to a lotion. It can be a little oily when you first put it in but it does soak in.


Hair:

    I don't do much to my hair besides my shower products. I just brush my hair and sometimes afterwards I will put in this sea-salt spray. I might just have to do a post on that sea-salt spray. One thing I have been wondering is how often should you brush your hair. I don't want to damage it but after so long it gets super knotty. What do you think?


Shower:

     For shower products I use as seen below. I love the "yes-to" brand but I normally don't use Suave or St. Ives but for now this is what I use. I have tried using a baking soda mixture for my hair but it did not work very well. But I am thinking about going back to using vinegar as conditioner, and using no shampoo. For face wash, I am still trying to come up with a good face wash to use, any suggestions? But as of today this is what I use.



This is today's post, what do you think? What are your favorite products to use?


4 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I love "It's a 10". :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Eve! That means a lot! xox

      Delete
  2. everyone keeps saying awesome things about coconut oil, I really should give it a try.

    Emmett - Hippie Lace

    ReplyDelete