Tuesday, August 26, 2014

what?!? you have a blog and you don't use any social media?

    You got that right! Too much time, drama, and there are many other ways to promote your blog without it. Yeah, it's free advertising but hey it leads to other things that are not neccessary. Anyway, all to say....I have completed my "gram-less" summer. For those of you who don't know what I am talking about go check it out here. I loved! Loved loved loved it! Not only did I take away Instagram but I eventually took away almost all social media. It all started off with one week of no social media  in December and man, did it lead to something so much better. So  much more fulfilling. I occasionaly go on Facebook but that is about it (only to check messages). Other than that I have not been on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc in a while. Let me just say I did not realize how drama-free my life was without them! I am so grateful I was able to do this. My life is so much more simpler.

he skinned his knee in the process of this, hah.

    The super important things that happen on social media or whatever, I hear about. I mean I have a whole entire family that still uses social media. It is not a big deal for me. I am a very social person, so I thought for sure I would not like this, but I love it!

    When I was asked by one of my lovely friends if I was back on social media and I said no. I realized I didn't even miss it. Yesterday, was the end of summer and so that meant I could go on Instagram again and I completely forgot until my friend asked me about it. Honestly, it was great. I thought I would miss it for sure but no, not at all, really.

    I plan to continue this with occasionally check social media but wow, if you don't want to dive all in I suggest you take a week off. Trust me, you can do it. If there is one thing I advise it would be this. It only started with one week about a year ago. It lead to something way bigger. I LOVE a social-media free life.

What do you think about a social media free life?

xoxo lovelies.

6 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to do this when I start Uni, just so I can focus on being actually 'social' and not 'social online' :} x
    Marbl☾☽Moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a fabulous concept. I removed Facebook from my iPhone in February, and barely ever go on it from my computer. I honestly find it so refreshing not going on FB, a lot of my friends think it's crazy. I do use Instagram and Twitter often but I'm not addicted to it. I love sometimes spending a weekend or even a week of not using social-media, it's my way to just unplug and keep out of any drama! Glad to see someone else enjoys it :).

    Patty @Bookish Wanderlove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! I am glad as well I am not the only one who enjoys it! Thanks Patty! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Dear Moriah,

    I am really thankful for your lovely comment that you left me (for some reason it doesn't show on the blog but I can see it in my feed).

    I really love your post! It would be somehow really wonderful to forget about all of this social media one day! I also do not sign on Instagram from time to time, for a week or so (neither am I a maniac about it, just checking favourite artists and such since I like their works). We live in stressful times and some people are really exagerating when it comes to facebook, instagram, twitter, etc.. :)

    Have a lovely day,
    Simona @Soundless Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so welcome Simona! I am glad you enjoy my post and I too agree! Have a lovely day to you too! xoxo

      Delete