Tuesday, August 12, 2014

on being grateful

    Last Saturday was my birthday and I came to realize a few things. One, I like to be the center of everything on my birthday. Which is not acceptable for any day. It is okay to be the center of attention on some things but, I wanted too much. It was so easy for me to get caught up in "It's my birthday. I should get what I want." All this to say it made me realize that I should stop and look around and see how blessed I am. To think that I was able to get presents, have a nice breakfast, lunch, and dinner, go tubing, spend time with my family, and get many birthday wishes is more than many people will ever have.
my birthday breakfast // kiwi
    During this time,  I was just looking around observing life and I came to realize that I am so l blessed. It just amazes me sometimes how much I take for granted. I mean, I have to sleep on the floor and I am a little sad. All these things on earth are not eternal I need to stop saying I "need this, need that" but more of what can I do wisely with this money.

What my point is that I need to be more grateful for what I have.

Thanks for reading. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love this post - I think we, as first world people, should come to realize this more often. Beautiful words.
    X sjoukje - www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do agree! Thanks so much. xoxo

    ReplyDelete