Monday, June 9, 2014

an almost gram-less summer.

    Recently, I have been thinking about having a gram-less summer. Now, what do I mean by a gram-less summer? I mean that from the day I get out of school til the day I start again, I only go on Instagram once a month or not at all. I remember last summer some days when I would sit on Instagram and get jealous of everyone's summer plans, I was very easily sucked into "My life stinks, everyone else is doing this this and this and I am stuck at home". Clearly, this is not healthy or the case. I need to be grateful for what I have and stop wishing it away. If I take a look around at life, it is pretty darn amazing.
    I am not saying Instagram is bad, but it is often a social media many people (including myself) get sucked into and can take us away from all the beautiful things in life. I often find when I took away social media for a week I found more things to do, I was more aware of my surroundings. I was more alive.
   I wrote this post to see what you think, what do you think about social media, Instagram, and technology as a whole? Do you think I should go gram-less this summer?

12 comments:

  1. Well that's an interesting concept! I've never thought of it like that, but I guess Instagram and social media kind of does take up a lot of my energy and time. I know I'll go on Instagram and feel like everyone else has so much going for them, and I get hardcore closet jealousy!
    emiliashea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does. And we don't even realize it. Me too, I get jealous so fast! Thank you for your feedback! xoxo

      Delete
  2. You're right, that it's easy to get sucked into social media. And if you have a blog, it's easy to get wrapped up in that. What's worse is the pressure to do "exciting" things so we can post it online for others to see.

    I read one blogger who said that in order to blog well, you must have a fulfilling life offline first. So that's something to always keep in mind. We should take time to make our days interesting for us first before caring if other people find it exciting. Even if you don't blog or anything, it's always a good idea to be productive with things you enjoy.

    It sounds like a good strategy to go gram-less this summer. Once you come back from summer, I'm sure you'll have loads of memories made. And you know what, it'll be a fresh story to everyone since you haven't shared it all summer!

    http://makelittlejoys.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I always feel like I have to let the world know when I do something exciting, but I don't. That is very interesting what that blogger said, I also agree with that! I think I just might go gram-less this summer and see where the world takes me. Thanks so much for your feedback never thought of it that way! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Interesting idea actually! I do think I am becoming increasingly addicted to Instagram, and often look at people's lovely meals whilst I am tucking into beans on toast and feel a lot of envy!

    Beccy ~ Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, glad I am not the only one! Thanks for your feedback! xoxo

      Delete
  4. This post is very inspiring! I think I'm going to attempt a gram-less summer too.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So neat to see other people are inspired!
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. This is so true. I do get envious looking on social media and seeing all my family and friends from E-city hanging out together and I feel like I'm stuck in ga doing cheer. But in all honesty I have been able to do some fun thigs and go on weekend trips. I think the idea of limiting social media in the summer , and getting out and enjoying the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do the same! I am glad you can look at the positive things too. I am glad you agree, I think I am going to go gram-less pretty soon! Love ya! xoxo

      Delete