Today, I would like to announce I will be starting a DIY summer series and this blog post is part one of six. This summer series will have anything form seashell bracelets to a pretty pocket tee. Through this series I hope to attract more readers and grow as a blog. The tutorial I will be showing you today is how to make a simple pocket tee. I have gotten a lot of compliments on this shirt so I thought I would make a tutorial. If you are a beginner sewer or beginner DIYer, then this is for you or even if you have sewn or DIYed for years, this is for you too! The tutorial is pretty simple it only has a few steps.
-solid color tee (something like this)
-fabric (fat quarter)
1. Gather materials (make sure to wash your tee and fabric).
2. Cut out pattern (here).
3. Pin on fabric and cut out (two prices).
4. Put right sides together.
5. Sew all sides but leave a small opening at the top (like below).
6. Turn back inside out.
7. Fold over your opening and sew down the top.
8. Pin on your shirt and sew down (make sure you only sew on the front of your shirt not back).
How to wear it:
This tee is great with some shorts, jeans, a skirt, just about anything. The great part is it gives your old tee some new life!
Enjoy and have a lovely day. xo
If you liked this post, it would mean the world if you went and subscribed to my email listing (you would make my day).