Friday, April 4, 2014

triathlon & marathon

    Yes, I am doing a triathlon with my lovely mother dear (yay!). No, I am not running a marathon (at least not all at once). I am doing a triathlon at the end of April. I plan on running a marathon over the course of the month. I am super excited about this triathlon; I am interested to see how I do! This is the first one I will be doing and am hoping to get it done in a little over an hour. I will defiantly let you know how I do.  Now, with the marathon,  I have just set a goal for myself to run a marathon over the course of the month. This should be super simple considering the nice weather and the fact that that is only a mile a day. Then I can say "I ran a marathon......(long pause) over the course of a month" Ha, seriously though, I am not going to say this. :) Anyway, that wraps it up for today; do you have any fitness goals you have set for this month?




     Update:
    I finished my first triathlon on April 27, 2014! It consisted of 250 yard swim, 10 mile bike, and a 2 mile run; it was hard work but a ton of fun! I would say that the hardest part was the hills I had to bike up; sometimes I could have ran faster than I was biking. But, just like in Nemo instead of swimming I just kept telling myself  "just keep biking...just keep biking", it was all worth it in the end though. This was an all women's triathlon and the best part was the encouragement we told and heard from each other throughout the race. I placed 2nd in my age group and finished with a time of 1 hour and 14 minutes! So, needless to say the triathlon was a great experience and I would definitely do it again.
If you are interested click here.


3 comments:

  1. Way to go!! Can't wait to hear about your Tri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! :) Wish I had a commitment and did it once :)
    lets follow each other? :) http://lookbeyondbeauty.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! and sure thing! Don't forget to join my site or sign up for my email listing! :)

      Delete