Monday, March 31, 2014

why i don't believe in "what do you want to be when you grow up?"

    The dreaded question we all get asked between the ages 5-18 (maybe even older), "What do you want to be when you grow up?". When I was asked this question I often had no idea what I wanted to be, which is okay but there is a deeper point to this. I get that it is a conversation starter but if you were to ask the adults now what they said when they were younger, it would often be two totally different things  (but still not my point).

    Listen, this is all fine; I am not saying you have to stop asking this question (I am still going to ask it; it is a fun question to ask.) What I am trying to get at is, what if we all  had an idea of what we wanted to be "when we grow up" not a set in stone plan of "this is how my life is going to be and it will be perfect." I think we would find ourselves much more content if we did this. What if we just let God take it into His hands and let Him lead the way?  What if we stop worrying about our future and just see what God does?  What if stop worry about what is ahead and pay attention to what and who is in front of us?  We could change lives.


    Yes, you need to have some what of a plan for your life but honestly I only know a few things about my future (And yes, I know I am only young but give me a chance).  One- I want to get a degree in something I enjoy (broad topic I know).  Two- I would like to get married at a young age.  Three-  I want to be a stay at home mom.  And four - I want God to write my story. 
    I want God to write my story. God is in control of my life, so I need to stop planning out my life and hand it all over to God. If you have trouble understanding my concept listen to Francesca Battistelli's  "Write Your Story". Her song was my inspiration to this post; "write Your story on my heart".  I just
ask you to think about what your life would be like if you let God lead it, and have him "write His story on your heart".

No comments:

Post a Comment